This page was updated 01st of February 2007
| 1. Deposit ||
When you book a program with =elemadrid=, |
you are required to submit a deposit of 180 EUR:
By wire transfer or credit card. The difference is due on your first course day and can be settled by cash payment, credit card, or bank deposit.
| 2.Payment |
- by credit card: Visa, Mastercard, Eurocard, American Express, Diners Club. |
- by money transfer from your bank account
Our bank :
Banco Santander Central Hispano BSCH
Principe de Vergara 277
28016 Madrid, Spain
IBAN (International Bank Account Number):
ES83 0049 2862 6223 1432 2604
BIC (Bank Identifier Code, the former Swift-Code):
or, if necessary:
bank & branch: 0049 2862
account number: 23 1432 2604
Payable to: ELEMADRID
Please remember that all bank charges have to be paid at your end.
| 3.Cancellation Fees ||
-Up to and including 15 days before your booked Spanish course starts, we charge a flat rate of 60 EUR. |
-From and including 14 days before your booked Spanish course starts, we will charge a deposit of 180 EUR.
Once started the program you are Not entitiled to a refund from =elemadrid=.
SPECIAL CASES - Apartments ATICO and ARTE: less than 20 days before arrival you will be charged 50% of the total accommodation program. After arrival you are entitled to no refund.
| 4. Booking Changes ||
If you make course or/and accommodation changes after we have sent the registration confirmation, a charge of 50 EUR for each change will be added to your bill. Changing your starting date with less than 2 weeks notice is considered a cancellation. |
| 5. Refund ||
=elemadrid= will not refund for parts of program waived due to illness, early departure, delayed arrival or other reasons. |
| 6.Holidays, days without classes ||
To compensate for classes that would be lost due to public holidays falling during a week of classes, =elemadrid= has adopted a Holiday Policy. This policy aims at reducing the loss of classes by: |
· moving the holiday to a Monday or Friday in order to maintain the continuity of the course and allow students to enjoy a long week-end of traveling.
· On the weeks of two public holidays =elemadrid= will only close on one day.
· During all weeks of holidays 50% of group tuition and 100% of private lessons will be made up during that week.
| 7. Insurance ||
=elemadrid= liability insurance covers all tuition times (including excursions). |
Travel insurance is recommended, as is personal liability insurance for any claims that may arise outside instruction times. Please make sure that you have personal liability insurance, especially if you book family or apartment sharing accommodation.
European Community nationals are insured through the state insurance fund against accident and illness. Before traveling ask for the E111 form at your local health insurance office.
Non-European Community nationals should have an international health insurance policy that is valid for Spain.
| 8. Accommodation Dates ||
Accommodation will be available from Sunday of the week immediately preceding the first day of Spanish language classes until Saturday of the last week of school. You are asked to leave your accommodation before 12pm. You can request additional days.
| 9. Age ||
The minimum age for all courses is 20. |
| 10.Minimum Course Duration |
is 1 week, but we recommend a minimum course duration of two weeks. |
| 11. Spanish lessons, Class sizes ||
· One Spanish lesson is 50 minutes. |
· Standard group (20 lessons/week, part of course A/B/C5/C10):
=> max. 8 students
· Mini-group (additional 10 lessons/week, only part of course B):
=> max. 4 students
All groups require a minimum of 2 students.
If we confirm a course but finally there is no other student of the same level in it, you will receive private lessons according to the following scheme:
1. Standard group (20 lessons/week, part of course A/B/C5/C10):
=> P10 (10 private lessons instead of 20 lessons in group max. 8 students)
2. Mini-group (additional 10 lessons/week, only part of course B):
=> P3 (3 private lessons instead of 10 lessons in mini-group)
| 12. Included in the course fees are ||
- Booked course |
- Grammar book 'Gramática Lola' and materials
- Practice Immersion program (10 lessons/week)
- Use of facilities Monday-Friday, 8.30am to 8 pm.
- Meeting Spaniards interested in conversation
- Placement and progress tests, certificate
- Use of multimedia (Video, tape, PC's with DSL internet access, DVD)
| 13. Not included in the course fees ||
- Registration fee 50 EUR |
- Fax and photocopying charges
- Weekend excursions
- Spanish dance classes (Tango, Salsa, Merengue, Flamenco, Sevillana)
- Leisure activity courses (Spanish cuisine, Spanish wine tasting, pottery,
fashion design, acting, etc.)